Check out the proper way to choose the right perfume for men. Learn about the fragrances, how it changes with a situation and what smell to use for different occasions like sports, date, holidays and work. Also, learn the exact way to select a fragrance for yourself before going to buy one.
Probably, every man has at home at least one fragrance of the perfume. However, is one or two fragrance enough for all occasions? After all, wherever we are, we are in different moods and experience different feelings.
We sometimes go in for sports, and sometimes just spend time with friends. We go to work or attend important events. For each event and mood, this or that fragrance fits better. Then, how do we choose the right perfume. So, it becomes a challenge, considering all the variety of brands and smells that are available in stores.
Way to Choose the Right Perfume
Along with fashion, there are scents for a different lifestyle and clothing. For example, some scents are well manifested in winter, and some are better to use only in the summer. Bright flavors for sports are not suitable for a romantic evening. A date requires exceptionally gentle and muted tones. Likewise different even need different fragrances. So, here we are to explain how to choose the right perfume based on the event.
We will divide the perfume into 5 basic types, which will suit most men. In addition, for clarity, we will offer several brands and smells that perfectly characterize the selected type of perfume. So, let’s begin.
- Perfume for Holidays
When you use perfume in hot weather, you need to take into account 2 points. First is the fragrance quickly disappears from the skin, and at the same time, the heat strongly enhances the smell of perfume. Therefore, it is best not to use aromas that are heavy, musky or woody, since they will have too strong a smell.
Drawing a parallel with clothes, you will never wear knitwear in hot weather, but rather wear a short sleeve t-shirt. Therefore, you should choose a fragrance that is light, fresh and not very harsh. Fresh sea fragrance, the smell of greenery or perfume with notes of citrus are all perfectly suited for summer days.
Some of the interesting variants of perfume for men on holidays are as follows.
- Acqua di Parma Colonia is a wonderful example of a fresh and inspiring mixture of citrus and Mediterranean herbs. Perfume was created in the distant 1916 and is one of the most popular summer flavors.
- Tom Ford Neroli Portofino is the aroma of Mediterranean citrus and bitter-tart oil of neroli. It creates a pleasant summer aroma and coolness.
- Acqua Di Gio is a great flavor without citrus, but with a pleasant smell of sea breeze. Perfume was created in 1996.
- Bvlgari Acqua Marine is an Italian perfume for men. It contains cool sea water with a light aroma of neroli and grapefruit.
- Perfume for Sports
As sportswear is comfortable for sports, and the scent of sports keeps you on its toes, activates and improves efficiency.
Perfume for sports is characterized by its tonic scent, which gives energy and vitality.
Typically, the fragrance contains spices, pepper smell or notes of citrus, which form a long-lasting vibrant tone and a burst of energy.
Some interesting variants of perfume for men during sporting events are as follows.
- Chanel’s Allure Homme Sport is a fragrance from Chanel. It was made by the famous perfumer Jacques Polge, based on 4 ingredients fresh, sensual, woody and spicy. The author managed to combine luxury and elegance, while at the heart of the sports spirit.
- Cartier Roadster Sport is a perfume for men, with a bright combination of citrus, herbal and woody fragrance. It is considered excellent for training in the gym.
- Perfume for Dating
Whether we realize it or not, we like the animals to want a fragrance to signal our presence to others. That’s why, many men use quite a lot of perfume before the date, and, in addition, choose a rather sharp flavor.
Such flavors as vanilla and musk are the natural ingredients of most perfumes, which are perfect for evening. However, so that the fragrance lasts a long time, the vetiver oil (tropical plant) and amber (amber) are added to the perfume.
Some interesting variants of perfume for men when on a date or other romantic entanglement are as follows.
- Paco Rabanne One Million is one of the most successful and sold perfumes for the last 5 -6 years. The aroma of Paco Rabanne is rather spicy, musky with a hint of amber and beans thin (the fruits of the tropical plant Dipterix fragrant). It is an energetic, sensual and truly persistent fragrance.
- Bentley for Men. Intense Bentley for men is an excellent perfume from a famous car manufacturer. This fragrance is quite warm, well opened after application to the skin and is very long-playing.
- Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male is a fragrance for men, made with a wonderful taste and a sense of proportion. Perfume by Jean Paul Gaultier is sweet, with a persistent aroma of creamy vanilla.
- Reiss Black Oudh is an explosive fragrance for men with a fantastically deep woody smell. In addition, there are notes of the Oud tree, patchouli, lavender, amber and sequoia wood.
- Perfume for Work
Many people know how difficult it is sometimes to dress under the dress code for everyday work. The choice of fragrance for the office is also complex and requires attention. Such flavors as Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male or Paco Rabanne One Million are perfect for dating, but they are not at all suitable for office work.
A very light, hardly perceptible aroma of citrus or plants is needed, which will create a pleasant smell around but will not stop breathing. For sure with you it happened that the colleague at the next table was scented with such acrid perfume that it was impossible to breathe in the office. Do not repeat the same mistakes.
Some of the available perfumes for working men are as follows.
- Paul Smith 4711 is one of the last fragrances from the famous designer Paul Smith. Perfume is very light and relaxed and it contains the aroma of green tea and the aftertaste of sorbet (sweets).
- Commes des Garcons Odeur 53 is a unisex fragrance, suitable for both men and women. It is quite a rare perfume, which creates a slight aroma of ozone. A little like the smell of a copier while working, but overall, great for use in the office.
- Immortal Classic Perfumes
As there are classic clothes that do not go out of fashion for many decades there are some classic perfumes as well. For example, it’s a white shirt, a classic coat, classic shoes and so on. All these items must always be in the men’s wardrobe, as they are universal and suitable for all occasions.
Also, as in clothes, there is a classic perfume, which is suitable for all occasions. Many fragrances were created many decades ago, nevertheless, they remain popular until now. Men’s classic flavors have gone through many fads of fashion, so they deserve special attention.
Some of these classic perfume for men are as follows.
- Hugo Boss. Boss Bottled is one of the most popular fragrances for men. Now in the market, there are 3-4 varieties of this perfume since 1998. However, you should pay attention to the classic flavor in a transparent flask. According to some reports, every 8 seconds 1 bottle of this perfume is sold.
- Aramis Classic men’s perfume, created in the distant 1966. It’s an unmistakable option for courageous gentlemen. Aramis Classic is a very spicy, woody and well-reflected men’s fragrance that will not go out of fashion for a long time.
- Christian Dior’s Eau Sauvage is a popular men’s perfume with a light aroma of citrus. It was created in 1966 and still remains the standard of classic fragrance for men.
- Givenchy Gentlemen surprisingly warm, with the scent of patchouli, vetiver and tarragon. This one is a men’s perfume for all occasions. It is without reservations, one of the most versatile fragrances for men.
Important Tips When Buying Perfume
Before you go buy perfume for yourself or as a gift, you need to know some of the subtleties that as we now list. Follow these tips and they will help you choose the right perfume.
- No Scent
On the day when you are going to buy perfume, try not to use your scent. You can bring down a new fragrance that you will choose in the store.
It’s best to avoid your own scent when going to buy a new one as it can result in the mixture of the two that you smell.
- Way to Choose the Right Perfume
When choosing a perfume in the store, do not splash it at all in order to smell it.
To do this, each large store has a glass with paper strips or probes. Take one, sprinkle your favorite fragrance on it and wait for a little. This way the concentration of perfume is not too strong, and then you can smell it.
Remember that any perfume has 3 stages. The first is concentrated, the brightest components are revealed.
The second is revealed sometime later and the third stage is a long-lasting fragrance that should last several hours.
The differences between these stages are quite bright. Therefore, after getting the taste of the selected flavors, save the samplers.
After a couple of hours again, try to smell the fragrance, for sure it will be completely different. This way you would know how you perfume would smell throughout the day and you, therefore, you will choose the right perfume.
- Take Necessary Breaks
After 3-4 different flavors, your nose will cease to be adequately perceived by the perfume.
Therefore, look for a glass of coffee beans in the store or ask them to give you.
After a while, you can continue to choose the right perfume once again.
- Pay Attention to Concentration
You should know that there are different concentrations of perfume. There are only three of them as shown below.
- Perfume is the most concentrated perfume.
- Perfume water is an average concentration of aroma. It is approximately 2-3 times weaker than perfume.
- Eau de toilette is the most low-resistant fragrance that disappears a couple of hours after application.
In conclusion, we sorted out with you several varieties of men’s perfumes for all occasions. We have also discussed how to choose the right perfume and what to watch out for when choosing a fragrance for yourself. Obviously, the list offered above is not exhaustive and many will not find their favorite flavor here, but they are the most worthy ones.
Just like in clothes you form your style but with perfume, you collect your kit. This kit will reflect your personality. Your mood changes then change your perfume. The main thing to remember is that not every flavor is appropriate in this or that case, try to reasonably approach the choice.
Lastly, remember never to mix two smells as it can turn out to be disastrous and to always follow the instruction on the perfume bottle.